Can You Live in a House That Has Termites Infestation?

It’s a common question that people have when they discover they have a termite infestation in their home – Can you live in a house with termites? The answer is, yes.

You can live in a house that has a termite infestation but there are health risks that you need to consider.

The safety of your family and the people living inside the house is also crucial when considering termite infestation. Termites can cause structural damage to your house which can lead to the collapse of your house if left untreated.

close up of termite mandibles

The health risks associated with living in a house infested with termites are respiratory problems, skin rashes, and allergies. These health risks are caused by the allergens and toxins that are released by the termites.

What Are the Dangers of Living in a Termite Infested House

Whether you bought the house already infected with termites or termites got into your house while you’re living in it. The fact remains that there are risks that are worthy of your concern.

Termites Bite – Sometimes

The structural integrity of the house is indeed the main concern when it comes to termite infestation. However, homeowners need to take into consideration that termites can bite humans or pets when they feel threatened.

Although they do not carry fatal diseases, a termite bit is still painful, especially to children. Their bites will also live tiny-itchy red bumps on your skin that will lead to discomfort.

Termites Can Spread Allergens

Termites are small, winged insects that are closely related to cockroaches. They are commonly found in warm, humid climates and live in colonies underground.

While they are mostly known for their ability to damage wooden structures, termites can also spread allergens.

Termites produce a substance called fecal matter, which contains proteins that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. When termites swarm, they release this substance into the air, where it can be inhaled by people nearby.

close up of winged termite

In addition, when termites eat wood, they release small particles of wood into the air. These particles can also cause an allergic reaction if they are inhaled.

As a result, people who have respiratory issues may experience symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, and difficulty breathing when they are exposed to these insects.

Termites Attract Mold

Termites and mold have a close relationship. Termites are known to be one of the main causes of mold growth in homes.

This is because termites eat wood, which is the main source of nutrients for mold. When they digest the wood, they release small particles of it into the air. These particles can then settle on surfaces in your home and provide a food source for mold.

Mold can cause a variety of health problems in humans, including respiratory problems, headaches, and skin irritations. If you have termites in your home, it’s important to be on the lookout for mold growth.

If you see any mold, you should remove it immediately. You may also want to consider hiring a professional to get rid of the termites and mold in your home.

Termites Causes Structures to Collapse

Living in a house that is infested with termites can be very dangerous. Termites eat the wood structure of your house which when left untreated will cause the building to collapse.

If you think that your house might have a termite infestation, it is important to get it checked out by a professional right away. There are different ways to get rid of termites in your house, but the most effective way is to call an exterminator.

Exterminators will be able to identify the type of termites in your house and will be able to recommend the best course of treatment.

Treating a termite infestation is important not only for the safety of your house but also for the safety of your family. If you think that there might be termites in your house, don’t hesitate to call an exterminator.

Termites Damage Electrical Wirings

Termites are known to damage electrical wiring inside a house during an infestation. This can be very dangerous for the homeowners, as it can cause a fire in the house.

While most people think of termites as wood-destroying pests, they can also cause serious damage to wiring in a house.

This type of damage is most often seen in older homes, where the wiring is made of thin copper or aluminum wires that are surrounded by insulation. Termites can easily chew through the insulation and access the metal wires inside.

Once they start gnawing on the wires, they can cause a short circuit that can lead to a fire. In some cases, the damage may not be immediately evident, and it may not be until an electrical appliance stops working that the problem is discovered.

If you suspect that termites have damaged your wiring, it’s important to call a pest control professional right away. Only a trained technician will be able to properly inspect your home and determine the extent of the damage.

Related Articles: The Best, Affordable Way to Treat Termites.

How to Deal with a Termite Infested House

Dealing with a termite-infested house can be a daunting task, but it is important to take action quickly to prevent further damage.

Step 1

The first step is to identify the affected areas. Look for signs of damage, such as weakened wood, holes in walls, or Mud tubes on the foundation. If you are renting the house, you should inform the property owner. By doing so, you can discuss how to handle the infestation and the financial ad legal matters involved in renting the house.

Step 2

Once you have located the infestation, you will need to decide on how to treat the infestation. Aa homeowners deciding which treatment is crucial.

When it comes to protecting your home from destructive termite infestations, there are several different approaches that you can take. One popular method involves using natural or homemade remedies, such as boric acid or mint oil, to ward off these pests.

These ingredients are toxic to termites, either in their active or dormant state. Additionally, if they come into contact with a colony of termites and their nest, they can eliminate the entire infestation quickly and effectively.

Overall, using natural remedies to control termites is an affordable way to maintain the safety and structural integrity of your home without resorting to harsh chemicals or expensive treatments.

So if you’re looking for a simple yet effective solution for protecting your property against termite damage, look no further than natural termite treatments.

However, termite infestation is a serious matter that professional help is also a good idea. Contact a pest control company to schedule an inspection. They will be able to determine the extent of the damage and develop a treatment plan. In some cases, treatment may involve using chemicals to eliminate the termites.

professional spraying pesticide inside house

However, this should be considered a last resort, as chemicals can be harmful to both people and the environment. Several companies specialize in eco-friendly pest control solutions.

Final Thoughts

Living in a termite infested house will always have dangers and health risks that need to be taken to account. This type of infestation is known to make buildings collapse when left untreated.

Termites are also, known to damage electrical wiring inside a house during an infestation which can be very dangerous for the homeowners.

If you ever found yourself against termite infestation – Do not panic! There are steps that you can follow to battle these tiny pests.

You can decide between natural home remedies and chemical treatments. Whatever method you choose, it is important to get rid of the termites as quickly as possible to prevent further damage to your home.